Problem with GroupWise

Here you can write your Problems with Backups.

Moderator: sepma

Rickard Rolfsson
Spam Stop: No
SEP sesam: Software

Problem with GroupWise

Post by Rickard Rolfsson » May 6th, 2013, 9:28 am

EstablishConnection: NWSMConnectToTSA: (0XFFFEFFB2) "(SMDR-6.57.0) An internal error has occurred. Could not connect tospecified endpoint."

The backup has run without any problems before, suddenly the backups fails and the I get the message above. No updates or other changes have been done on the GroupWise servers.

The backup starts for about two minutes and then suddenly SMDR dies on the GroupWise servers, I have rebooted both the GroupWise servers and the SEP sesam server (it's running 4.2.1.41)

Suggestions anyone???

/ Rickard Rolfsson

jgb
Spam Stop: No
SEP sesam: Software

Re: Problem with GroupWise

Post by jgb » May 15th, 2013, 8:44 am

Hi,

most time this is an SLP problem. Please check with "slptool findsrvs smdr.novell" on DataMover server and on the Groupwise server himself, that the SMDR service is registered correct.
Please check, that you have installed the latest Sesam Backup Client on the Groupwise Server and the latest Sesam Baclkup Client AND Sesam Novell Client (http://download.sep.de/netware/OES-Linu ... E.i586.rpm ) on the DataMover Server.
Check eDir Server Certificates of the GroupWise server (valid ?).
In case of GroupWise 2012 take care, that the DataMover Server must have rights to the GroupWise Server.

From SEP WIKI:
A valid access from the Sesam DataMover to the SEP sesam client on the Groupwise server respectively the cluster nodes is required. Run the following command on the Groupwise server respectively on each cluster node
/opt/sesam/bin/sesam/sm_setup/set_client <hostname of Sesam DataMover>

JGB