Last Backup State

Here you can write your Problems with Backups.

Moderator: sepma

kenshail1
Spam Stop: No
SEP sesam: Software

Last Backup State

Post by kenshail1 » July 31st, 2013, 8:05 pm

Sesam GUI client V4.0 connected to SLES11 OES2.
Since adding a second tape drive with different Daily backup Jobs destined to each drive, Monitoring -> Last Backup State shows jobs as active ( blue symbol) all of the following day.
When I look at Properties of each job -> Main log shows that they are both finished. After the Newday task they are show as Completed (Green).
This looks like a bug.
My questions:
1) Is that fixed in the latest version?

2) Is it possible to "Group" both tape drives together such that the two media act as one? In other words, so that I don't have to specifically send backup jobs to specific drives?

jgb

Re: Last Backup State

Post by jgb » August 12th, 2013, 10:42 am

Hi,

for 1) please open a support call ( mailto: support@sep.de )

2)
You can group single drives, but I think, it makes no sense. The right, expected tape must be in the right drive. Sesam first select a drive and then sesam request the requiered medium (tape).

It's better to be the "master of procedure", so you can decided what's going on.

JGB

kenshail1

Re: Last Backup State

Post by kenshail1 » August 24th, 2013, 8:34 am

1) OK

2) The idea is to make the system more fault-tolerant to drive hardware failure and media error. In other words we have two drives. We could insert a media in to each and then if a drive or media fails the other would complete the backup. After would then look in the log to see which one(s) succeeded.