Backup to USB Disk

Here you can write your Problems with Backups.

Moderator: sepma

booktrunk
Spam Stop: No
SEP sesam: Software

Backup to USB Disk

Post by booktrunk » February 6th, 2014, 5:16 pm

Hi.
I want to use a cycle of 30 external disks that I will backup to, of course they cannot all be connected at once, and daily the disk will be removed and replaced with a new one, Is this possible under SEP sesam.

Do we need to get the disks to always be seen as the same backup partition so /backup or would we set them to be /backup1 it's on a SLES 11 Linux Server

I'm very new to using SEP sesam so excuse the idiotic question. I have a tape library in use at the moment with 10 tapes, but it's very unreliable, quite old, and doesn't fit onto one tape now, so I think the easiest way will just be a load of USB rugged disks that go offsite each day.

Is this a reasonable idea that will work with sep sesam?

booktrunk

Re: Backup to USB Disk

Post by booktrunk » February 6th, 2014, 5:50 pm

Would I be looking at doing it like this..

https://www.sepusa.com/documentation/po ... al-storage

This is I think what I want so i get it to automount when plugged in as x drive and then SEP Sesam will backup to it, as the equivalent of a tape.

victormart

Re: Backup to USB Disk

Post by victormart » April 8th, 2014, 1:01 pm

Why not to go for the backup services providers like " google apps backup " ? They are pretty awesome in terms of security and data structure management too.. :) just check out their features and services too...