IBM LOADER 3582

Any requests with your Hardware.

Moderator: sepma

mcando
Spam Stop: No
SEP sesam: Software

IBM LOADER 3582

Post by mcando » January 6th, 2011, 8:56 pm

Hi, I have been testing SEP with SLES11 without any issues.
So i decided to install SLES10sp3 to continue testintg...but my loader hung while doing an Archive Adjustment, so I decided to delete the Loader object and Tape using the GUI. Since then I've been unable to get SEP autodetect my loader, I reinstalled SLES11 but no change.
A slu scan shows:
ID=4:0:0:0 Tape: IBM ULT3580-TD2 5AT0 (/dev/nst0)

My question: Is there any command to force autodetection of loaders or tapes? Or any procedure to manually create the devices?

Thanks.

fosep

Re: IBM LOADER 3582

Post by fosep » January 28th, 2011, 10:06 am

Hy,

usually the command sm_auto_conf_hw is responsible for this. Try sm_auto_conf_hw 0 add to search for new devices and to add them. If the command doesn't add any new devices, you have add the devices manually. But if you do not see the loader with slu scan (/dev/sg4 for example), there's a problem with the device.
To create a loader and drive manually you have to click at "Components > Loaders" and add a new loader with the correct settings. Further click at "Components > Drives" and add a new drive, which is related to the loader, which was created before. Usually the internal drive number for the first drive is 0.

Regards, fosep