This is for the remaining stuff.

Moderator: sepma

lelle
Spam Stop: No
SEP sesam: Software

Basic install of client and server

Post by lelle » February 18th, 2013, 5:58 pm

Hi all,

I'm trying SEP 4.2 out but find it a bit hard to figure out what I have to do to get a basic backup of a linux client (oes11) to work
So I have installed this
backup server sles11 with oes11/dsfw
Baclup client sles11 with oes11
gui on workstation, win 7

After a bit of reading I'm abel to connect to server from ws with gui,
I can backup local storage on backup server
I can browse file system on remote client
I'm unable to backup remote client ( Login to stpd from lj-srv1.domainname.com to dsfw.domainname.com incorrect)
Name resolution work from every ware, I can do dig from bot server and client to resolv alla names and ptr same thing with ws.

I found the video of how to install the linux client, unfortunately it works for about a minute then freeze.
I have read both user and administrator guide to find out how to allow a client to connect to a server, but to no avail.
Perhaps it's so easy that you don't normally need a step by step guide to get this to work, but I'm stuck right now.
So if someody could point me in the right direction what command to run and where it's would be appreciated a lot.

best regards

Lennart

jgb
Spam Stop: No
SEP sesam: Software

Re: Basic install of client and server

Post by jgb » February 25th, 2013, 3:36 pm

Hi Lennert,

most time, the stpd login error is a result of name resolution issue.

Please execute the following commands on the Sesam Server and on the Client. The output of the 2 command should be the same on both machines.

in a root shell on Sesam server and then on the client

/opt/sesam/bin/sesam/sm_setup check_resolution <name of sesam server>
/opt/sesam/bin/sesam/sm_setup check_resolution <name of client>

Next check the firewall on the client, disable the fw temporarlily and try again.

Have you allowed the Sesam server to backup the client ?? ( /opt/sesam/bin/sesam/sm_setup set_client <name of sesam server> on the client).

JGB